Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Brand new to the forum…pretty sure this is answered somewhere but I couldn’t find it.
I just got a 07 250ex for a little of nothing and I’m trying to get it started. Short story, how/can I turn the motor over by hand to see if it’s seized.
I would prefer not to have to disassemble the bike and/or motor too much to check this.
Any help is much appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Never mind…I started loosing bolts until I found something that resembled a crank bolt. Turned it and motor was seized and I was able to break it. Bike will start and seize back up….I have to rebuild don’t I? 😔

·
Registered
259 Posts
i would recomend rebuilding but i would try really cleaning the cylinder before you take anything apart and lubracating it good and changing the oil and this is just my prefrance but if i have somthing that has been sitting a long time i would use 2 stroke gas for the first start so its lubed right off the bat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would recomend rebuilding but i would try really cleaning the cylinder before you take anything apart and lubracating it good and changing the oil and this is just my prefrance but if i have somthing that has been sitting a long time i would use 2 stroke gas for the first start so its lubed right off the bat.
I’m new to the atv world so bare with me…how would you clean and lube without disassembly?

·
Registered
259 Posts
take the spark plug out and find top dead center which is the spot were the piston is highest point; then if you have an air compressor you can blow in the spark plug hole if you don't have one you can just squirt A LITTLE oil in there not to much but enogh so it will get the cylinder lubed good then spin the engine with the starter with the spark plug out spin it over a few times but not to many then put the spark plug back in and it should be fine and i would put two stroke gas in for the first few starts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
take the spark plug out and find top dead center which is the spot were the piston is highest point; then if you have an air compressor you can blow in the spark plug hole if you don't have one you can just squirt A LITTLE oil in there not to much but enogh so it will get the cylinder lubed good then spin the engine with the starter with the spark plug out spin it over a few times but not to many then put the spark plug back in and it should be fine and i would put two stroke gas in for the first few starts.
I’ll try this tomorrow. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts