Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 05 rancher 350 recently and I had to do a complete rebuild on it because it was knocking. Now the neutral light won't come on and it won't crank. It turns over if I cross the solenoid. My question is how do I bypass this? I've tried grounding the wire out To the frame and it doesn't work. I don't care if the neutral light stays on or it starts with the kill switch on. I just want to bypass all this crap so it will crank.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Big welcome Quack -- Your bike TRX350 what FM - FE ???

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Hey Quack --- I maybe able to help if you can tell me what your TRX350 is FM or FE or other???

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Okay find the Light-Green wire with a Red stripe on it -- you can find it at the Ignition Control Module or the gear position Switch --- you could use a toggle switch to ground the LightGreen/Red wire, when you want to start the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Neutral Light not coming on / No Start - 2003 350 Rancher FM

Okay find the Light-Green wire with a Red stripe on it -- you can find it at the Ignition Control Module or the gear position Switch --- you could use a toggle switch to ground the LightGreen/Red wire, when you want to start the bike.
Neutral Light won't come on and ATV won't start, but all other lights / indicators come on, Fuses are good. Need help on what exactly to test for continuity. I see the light Green/Red wires coming from the indicator light going to the GearShift Control Motor Connector. Do I test for continuity here? And how exactly do I test this? I have a multimeter. TIA.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
If the neutral light doesn't come on and it's in neutral I wouldn't even bother testing anything. The gear position switch is on the rear crankcase cover, on the inside. Look for the lg/r wire near the battery and ground it, the neutral light will come on and the ATV will start. Just be aware that the neutral light will always be on now, or switch it as Mel suggests. I fixed one this way just the other day, although the ES system is still giving me fits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 08 420 foot shift. Neutral light won’t come on and it won’t start. Grounded the lg/r wire and neutral light comes on but still won’t start. Any advice on what to do. Don’t feel like pulling the cover off and replace switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts