Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda rancher trx350fe and 2002 Honda rancher trx350te
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been reading the fourms for a couple hours and this topic kinda goes back and forth on what to do. Well anyways I have a 2003 rancher 350fe as you guess it's es the electric shift seems to work sometimes but not always (probably a easy fix but seems like the foot shifter would be too) and I'm trying to figure out if I can just add a foot shifter and take the reduction gear out of the electric shift motor to make it manual shift and if that'd cause problems down the line. Also I have a 2002 rancher 350te with a foot shifter got it with it welded on and gear already taken out so thought maybe it'd work the same. Also would everything be interchangeable between the two bikes except for the motor (blew top end of te) and front end? Sorry for rambling

·
Registered
178 Posts
Most people prefer the ES because it is much easier to shift with buttons instead of your foot. If you really want to convert it to foot shift, then yes it is as easy as you think. Down the line, the main problem is your foot can apply more pressure than the shift motor, and some people break the shift drum inside the transmission, which requires a rebuild.
I recommend bypassing the computer by adding on some relays, which will fix the ES shift buttons and stop the electronic problems. You can buy a relay kit for less than a hundred bucks.
Honda Rancher Shift Problems - How it works - How to fix ALL PROBLEMS!!!

·
Registered
2003 Honda rancher trx350fe and 2002 Honda rancher trx350te
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is easier to shift yes but it gives so many more problems especially when water riding which I do alot of. I guess I'll ask this then would anybody know what connections and such I could try to clean to see if it'd work better (pictures and a discripion for dummy's would be appreciated or a link to another fourm that explains in detail) before I full send to manual shift or bypass the relays and such as subzero mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts