Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an ATV HONDA TRX 250 FOURTRAX and I try to bring him to life ( his name is RED)
I live in Romania and here for making all necesary paper work I need to have some dates about engine power

please help me to find out how much hoursepower has the engine

VIN number is jh3te0607gc129578
engine te06e-5125135
246cc - four stroke engine

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
About 40-50hp, more than likely. If they charge you more for anything above 50, then I'd say it has 49hp. :)

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The non sport version of the 1986 TRX250 is about 20hp or so. The 1990 TRX300 which is actually a 282cc puts out 20hp. So I would say right around there. The TRX250R (the sport quad) is about 40 something

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
According to California Air Resource Board (Carb), the Recon 250 (229cc) is 15.5 HP. The Fourtrax 300 (282cc) is 20 HP. The Carb listings don't go back past the year 2000, so the '86 Fourtrax 250 (246cc) isn't listed. Being that it's a 246cc engine and falling in between the 229cc engine and the 282cc engine, I would say that it is somewhere around 17 HP.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I googled it and saw the 250r was upper 30s to mid 40s depending on the year, so I guessed they were all in the range. Guess I shouldn't guess, I guess.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I googled it and saw the 250r was upper 30s to mid 40s depending on the year, so I guessed they were all in the range. Guess I shouldn't guess, I guess.
The 250R is a 2-stroke, that's where the difference is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for information

unfortunately I need a copy from an oficial paper or a website adress whith such informations

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
thanks for information

unfortunately I need a copy from an oficial paper or a website adress whith such informations
I don't have any idea where you would find that at. If the California Air Resource Board listings went back as far as 1986, you could use that, but it only goes back to the year 2000.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
You may need to contact Honda directly

Customer Service Information
If you wish to comment on your experiences with your Honda product or with your Dealer, please send your comments to the following address (U.S. only):

Motorcycle Division
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

P.O. Box 2200

Torrance, CA 90509-2200

Mail stop: 100-4C-7B

Telephone: (866) 784-1870

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You may need to contact Honda directly

Customer Service Information
If you wish to comment on your experiences with your Honda product or with your Dealer, please send your comments to the following address (U.S. only):

Motorcycle Division
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

P.O. Box 2200

Torrance, CA 90509-2200

Mail stop: 100-4C-7B

Telephone: (866) 784-1870
thank you :)

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
nice trx250 !!..that was my first atv..very good bike..after i restored it..it lasted for ever.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice trx250 !!..that was my first atv..very good bike..after i restored it..it lasted for ever.
I intend to restore him completely - and after that to make modification - engine tuning and styling - is my hobby, my passion

but first I have to resolve papers - now here is not allowed to ride in the city without proper papers

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I intend to restore him completely - and after that to make modification - engine tuning and styling - is my hobby, my passion

but first I have to resolve papers - now here is not allowed to ride in the city without proper papers
be thankful..at least you can ride yours in your city..they don't allow them on city streets in most us cities here...you do all your own motor work ?..or you let someone else do it ?..your bike will be easy to over haul if you do it..i kinda whish i was over hauling a 250 right now..but noooooo..i got a 2000 rancher that is eatting my lunch..lmfao.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
be thankful..at least you can ride yours in your city..they don't allow them on city streets in most us cities here...you do all your own motor work ?..or you let someone else do it ?..your bike will be easy to over haul if you do it..i kinda whish i was over hauling a 250 right now..but noooooo..i got a 2000 rancher that is eatting my lunch..lmfao.
I have a friend who promise to teach me all about mecanical work, I will work and he will tel me what to do - is my ambition to know all about RED's components - the same I made my car and I learn a lot

for styling I have no problems - is my domain, I learned working on my car

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I have a friend who promise to teach me all about mecanical work, I will work and he will tel me what to do - is my ambition to know all about RED's components - the same I made my car and I learn a lot

for styling I have no problems - is my domain, I learned working on my car
sweet..good luck on restoring your atv..i'm sure it will be a great looking bike..those 250's are some wonderful bikes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sweet..good luck on restoring your atv..i'm sure it will be a great looking bike..those 250's are some wonderful bikes.
my friends have named him - "fulgerica" (in romanian) - means litle lightning or litle tunder - is verry sweet

sorry for my english

poor "fulgerica" has lain for a long time in a backyard and former owners haven't done anything for his health

Yet his condition is not very bad - I'm sure he deserve the chance to a new life

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
my friends have named him - "fulgerica" (in romanian) - means litle lightning or litle tunder - is verry sweet

sorry for my english

poor "fulgerica" has lain for a long time in a backyard and former owners haven't done anything for his health

Yet his condition is not very bad - I'm sure he deserve the chance to a new life
i hate owners who abuse thier atv's..i mean this by.they don't take care of them..as for yours..they are easy to work on..rebuilt alot of those bikes..that engine is really simple to work on..i wish this 2000 rancher had that engine in it..i would of had it running 3 days ago..lmao.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i hate owners who abuse thier atv's..i mean this by.they don't take care of them..as for yours..they are easy to work on..rebuilt alot of those bikes..that engine is really simple to work on..i wish this 2000 rancher had that engine in it..i would of had it running 3 days ago..lmao.
you know, a lot of people don't understend the joy of rebuilding and riding a good atv

they lose all the fun

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
you know, a lot of people don't understend the joy of rebuilding and riding a good atv

they lose all the fun
i do..i have been doing it as a hobby for 14 years now..love doing it !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts