Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now im a Honda loyal guy and just wanna know what you guys think. Honda versus Suzuki?:funnyhonda:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey sorry about the little Honda guy. I didnt see him making the loser symbol. lol.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
What kind of machine?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ATV. Sport and Utility

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
I was told a stock Suzuki would out run a stock Honda But honda with the same power adders as the suzuki Honda would win But thats just hear say

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
As far as the sport machines... The 450's are pretty even stock for stock. Put the $30 Cherry Bomb from Yoshi and a pipe and it will leave a piped honda...BAD. Put a new exhaust intake and jetted properly it will be even again. No other machine responds to upgrades like TRX450. With a GT Thunder rear linkage, steering stabilizer and dialed in shocks, the 47" wide can take turns just as fast as the 49.5" wide LT-R.

In the 400 class, the EX is the ultimate trail machine. The EX has much better acceleration but the Z has better top speed. The Z is more track built and the EX is more trail built.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A guy i know obesses over Suzuki. Everything Suzuki. Suzuki this.... Suzuki that.... And whenerver a Suzuki gets beat in a race he always makes an excuse, "oh umm, its just the rider."

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The rider is the biggest difference between the machines. One of my buddies has a stock LT-R and he lapped EVERYONE on a 13 mile course in 10 laps.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YFZ can keep up pretty good with a LTR, couldn't it?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Yeah, they are all really even.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What are some really good preformance mods for my 400ex?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Start with the simple stuff. Open up the airbox lid, put a better flowing air filter on it. If you use K&N get an outerwear Filter. I prefer foam for the dusty riding i do. Put a full system exhaust, not just a slip on. Then you can change cams to a more agrressive one. Don't forget to jet. With that you could see a 15-20% gain in HP if you choose the right stuff.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking about a K&N and an HMF slip on. I was leaning torward the jet kit but im not sure whether i would want that or not. does the jetting really help?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Jetting is a must, The carb from the factory is set for sea level and stock exhaust and air filter. If you add a K&N air filter, your air into the combustion chamber is now 50% more than what it was. You have to add more fuel to keep the air/fuel ratio correct. Anytime you make ANY adjustment to the intake of exhaust system you have to rejet.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok. I get it now. How do u install the jet kit?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The jet kit is just a whole bunch of different jets. The jets are only about $3 a piece. For the price of a jet kit you can pay a shop to do it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the shops aroung my area takes weeks to finish a job. but were pretty good customers at the Honda shop, they get ours done pretty fast.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Doesn't have to be an ATV shop... any carb SHOULD be able to do it.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
agree^^^ if you buy the dyno jet kit you can call them and tell them exactly what you did to your quad and the tech will tell you exactly what jet and needle setting to use also the instructions will tell you the same thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts