Honda ATV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the kind words - much appreciated. I am sure there are much better ATVs' here on the forum that would make a better choice for ATV of the month.

Getting off topic here - and if anyone cares - here is a pic of my 1985 Honda atc250r. Again - purchased from the original owner in Lethbridge, Alberta (4 years ago). 100% OEM original - plastics, seat, date coded tires, tools, owner's manual, original bill of sale from Lethbridge Honda, etc. Engine never apart - still the original clutch. No boot rub marks on the frame. No issues. I rarely use it. Sits in the garage. Also have a 1983 atc185s - again purchased from the original owner in Yorkton, Sask. All original down to the tires - bill of sale and owner's manual came with this one also. Still working on cleaning/detailing everything to perfection. Pic of the atc185s on the first page - original post - 1st & 4th pic of utility trailer - in the background - on jack stands - rebuilding rear end, brakes and installing an NOS Honda OEM muffler. My wife keeps telling me to sell all this "useless junk". Would be nice to get the garage space back so she can park her vehicle there.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Attachments

That's looks right off the show room floor!

Discussion starter · #26 · (Edited)
You have some really nice original wheelers there and wagon, that 250r is awesome, do you have a time capsule in your town that all this stuff came from
Hello billy5221

Thanks - I just post "wanted to buy Honda ATCs'" ads and take it from there. I had someone contact me if I was interested in a Honda Z50. Was not really interested in mini bikes - but since it was within a few blocks from my house and was a Honda - I thought "WTH" - worth a look. I will drive 9 - 10 hours one way for the right ride. I was greeted by a gentleman in his late seventies who bought this new for his son (now in his 50s'). The bike was used on the farm, then at the cottage, then ridden by his grandchildren - then all interest in riding it was lost - he brought it home and kept in his garage. Saw my ad and decided it was time to let it go. I still remember this elderly gentleman and the smile on his face as he was driving it up and down the street - right hand cranked - showing me what it could do. Priceless. When he helped me load it on my truck - I could see a slight tear in his eye. I understood - he owned it for a long time - a lot of memories there. He knew it was going to a good home after I told him I was going to do with it. I promised I would bring it back to him so he could see his "old bike" when I was finished with it. I hope I am done by this summer.

$750.00 and it followed me home. In the process of cleaning/detailing it. A lot of NOS Honda parts to install. NOS handlebars, fenders, switches, found some NOS OEM tank decals - going to repaint front forks and gas tank original 1975 Honda OEM ruby red to make it pop. Steering rebuilt with Honda OEM parts - was a little sloppy - tight now. Brand new Bridgestone Trail Wing II tires (same type when new). Another money pit.

Wife doesn't know it but I want a 100 % OEM original atc350x to complete the collection. A couple of leads so far - will have to make the long road trips to see them in the near future. Maybe when the weather gets better.

Regards.

Attachments

Thank you for showing off your very nice old school honda equipment , my friends here call me jay or willie :)

Discussion starter · #29 · (Edited)
Thank you for showing off your very nice old school honda equipment , my friends here call me jay or willie :)

My pleasure, Jay.

My name is Blair.

I apologize for being long winded and maybe boring everyone with my posts/pics. I realize this is a ATV forum - not a trike forum.

I will hold off now.

Best regards.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Thanks for showing them, the z50 brought back some good memories of the Honda trail 70 that I used to ride around on as a kid
Thanks billy5221,

Glad I could take you back to those days. When I was around 10 or 11 years old - my dad bought me a brand new Kawasaki KV75. Man - I thought I was the king. Today at 51 years of age - I still enjoy all this
gearhead stuff.

Take care - stay safe.

Hey Wilson I saw this post about these trailers and really like the one bkvette3 found! Unbelievably Mint Condition !! I found the fiberglass ATC trailer and then I found one of these metal ones Also. I am still working on restoring first trailer and the metal one will be next. I will try to post some pics of both here when I get them done.

A little more info that I found out. I bought mine from guy in Canada and he told me they are not actually built by Honda. Honda licensed a Canadian trailer Company Dico Manufacturing to build these trailers. He told me the shop where they built them is only a couple miles from his house in St. Catherines, Ontario. The fiberglass trailer and the metal ones were both built by Dico and that appears to be true because both of mine have the exact same rims. He had no idea how many were built but they all had a serial number tag on the tongue. Really Cool and Im sure Rare Find !!

Congrats on the honda tressure! We look forward to seeing them both! :)

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.