Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
yep ^^^, a battery tender jr. is what I keep on my atvs and motorcycle when I am not riding them. they sure save your battery from death !..lol.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Its an inconvenience for me, but I live in the blizzard belt, so I bring all my batteries indoors where its warm in late Nov/early Dec. I don't use tenders cause I have too many different batteries... I recommend them if its practical for you to have them though.

I store all of my batteries together on strong shelves I built for them in a backroom closet that I don't use. Wintertime temps stay about 60 degrees or so in that closet with the door almost shut... I have a battery charger and a DC power supply that I use to top each battery off with trickle charges every couple weeks... I rotate the leads from battery to battery until I'm satisfied with each and I keep an eye on distilled water levels in the non-sealed ones.

Its also important to clean each battery regularly and keep them clean. I keep the terminal posts clean and bright and the casings get washed with a soapy brush or a rag before I bring them indoors. I get good service life from all my batteries by doing this... some are over 10 years old and still strong... although my setup isn't an ideal one, I'm getting by... probably cause I work at it a bit more often than some folks would. That and buying quality to begin with...

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts