Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
LOL, I am the same age as you! It's neat to have someone who is as young as we are and have a project quad instead of playing on their phone. I love it!! Keep it up!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I am having trouble with my Honda TRX Fourtrax 300. I put a new one way bearing in and the kick start still will not engage. When I try and kickstart my fourwheeler it rolls back. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I have this fairly bad ticking/rattling sound coming from my quad when she is running and it gets faster as I rev higher. I’m pretty sure it’s either my timing chain or the valves just need adjusted but is there anyway to know for sure without pulling things apart?
Typically valves don’t get looser they get tighter. So I would think it’s your chain your tensioner may be maxed out and it’s fully stretched

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have this fairly bad ticking/rattling sound coming from my quad when she is running and it gets faster as I rev higher. I’m pretty sure it’s either my timing chain or the valves just need adjusted but is there anyway to know for sure without pulling things apart?
Make sure it’s not the baffles in your muffler!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
My brother had this same problem, I don't really remember what he did to fix it, but he told me that he just put it together wrong.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn’t buy it new it probably has a couple owners before me, it’s 1999 and has a lot of hours I would say. I have to replace the clutch plates so when I take off the front engine cover I will have a look and see if it is the timing chain. Can you put in a manual timing chain adjuster?
the chain adjuster is comprised of a ratchetting piston with a spring that advances the tension automatically and locks it in. You don't want a manual adjusted tensioner. Also, Sounds like you need to adjust the valves. Hopefully, you're not in the situation like I was where the PO let the oil get low and the camshaft rockers were cupped and shot. I also had to get it bored out to remove scoring and install an oversized piston. It runs fantastic now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Download the service manual from my signature block below
and check parts links at Rocky Mountain atv and Partzilla
Hey Goober, not directly related to the topic, but thank you for making all these manuals available. You made it awful easy to download the one I need!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts