Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 Honda TRX 200 and I’ve replaced almost everything on the spark side. Spark plug, spark plug wire/coil, cdi box, pulse generator and the spark advancer rotor. It finally has spark!! But I’ve run into another problem, I’ve replaced the carburetor, fuel lines, and cleaned out the gas tank and put in new fuel. I’ve checked the valves and they are moving, and I don’t have a compression test but from the pull start it seems to have compression. Can anyone tell me why it doesn’t start!?!?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
When you say you replaced all of these parts, were they with genuine factory Honda OEM parts, or Chinese parts from eBay? Even though many of the cheap parts sold on eBay say they will work for your machine, but they don’t, especially electrical components like the CDI, and carburetors. They are all junk. Just because the valves are moving doesn’t mean they are adjusted correctly. If you search, you can find downloadable PDF factory service manuals that will help you adjust them up within spec. From there, I would suspect a fuel issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CDI box, pulse generator, and spark advancer rotor are all Honda OEM parts. The only one that isn’t is the ignition coil. But like I said I have spark now so I know everything is good on that side. The carb is also an OEM part. I’ve taken it apart and cleaned everything. I know it’s getting fuel because when I pull the plug it is wet. It won’t start with starting fluid so that’s how I know it’s not a fuel related issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts