Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 420 fe that was not going, it is an electricial problem, I have checked the units that may be blown with new ones, took out the loom and checked it over. and checked all the earths and it still wont spark, There is 3 Problems i can see clearly and think they may be linked.
1. There is no spark
2. The fuel injection is not pumping
3. the electric gears are not working and the gear indicator just flashes with a line through it.

This is really bugging:mad: me right now. Any help would be great..

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
1. Get a new spark plug I guess?
2. I don't know much about Fuel injection....sorry.
3. Alot of people are having problems with their gear sensors or something? Chekc those out. I've heard alot of problems with those ES models.

Hope you get some more help on this.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
It sounds like its goig into a protective mode like a coolant sensor oil sensor or tranny sensor any of those will shut doan a system and prevent a start-up double check all your fluids and try bypassing one sensor at a time to see if you locate the problem.good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed all the sensors and checked them and it still is not working, The Plug is new.. I am wondering is there a code error for the dash flashing or could it be the alternator although it is metering ok.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Have you checked and doublechecked all connections especially the battery, alternator and starter? Will the quad even crank?if so we are looking at a Crank but no start issue, along with no spark or injector pulse, did you check to see if you were getting a meter reading at the injectors? I don't know if it works on ATVs but try to flash the memory on the computer f it has one by removing both of the battery cables and touch them together and reinstalling them on the battery, it was how you useed to could clear the computers in certain model cars others you woould pull the ECM fuse for 10sec. you could try that too. You did check the fuses right???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya its cranking fine, all connections are tight, and strater is turning, I am just after taking out the wireing harness off the same atv and still the same problems, This is cracking me up the only thing a have not taken out is the altenator but there is continuity between the wires coming from it. Ya all the fuses are fine!! IT will crank 100% but the dash gear indicator is flashing a stright line, no spark and no fuel injection.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
You possibly could have an ECM issue or the dash is bad I can't say without looking at it myself or atleast a diagram of the wiring if you have a schematic i could look at pm me and I'll send my email over so you can scan it and send it to me. I might be able to come up with something that way. nuetral safety switch Im guessing now.lol

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Hey man read Saber's second stick in the repair and maintainance forum that might help you retrieve codes I know it's for the 400AT but it may still work for yours.Let me kknow how that works out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts