Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1985 Honda 250 fourtrax won,t start with start button, has new battery and new solenoid, will kick start though. I,am new to four wheelers. I;m 73 years young and still like to ride. broke in on motorcycles back in the sixties and seventies, have had many rides since that time, mainly dirt bikes, but never got to ride a mono shock until a year ago. use to ride at Carlsbad and many other san diego places. need help.:nerd:big-grin

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Does the motor crank over with the electric starter or no? If not, make sure your hot and ground cables are clean with good connections at each end. If the starter motor still won't run it probably needs brushes in it at a minimum. Should take it apart and look at it before ordering a kit though, in case its fried.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah I would say if the solenoid is new and the battery is good then it would be your starter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got same problem on my '86 350. Had power to starter and solenoid click but won't turn on starter and not able to start with kick start, not verify if spark ignite when kicking but this is not the main issue. I take starter appart ans seem to need a new brush on positive side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts