Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just bought a winch for my 2002 honda rancher and there is a “accessories plug” or a car plug as i would call it and i have heard that you can just tap into those wires and run your winch off that instead of running all your wires too the battery wich would be a lot of work because there is so much plastics on it and also can i just buy a adapter that i can put my wires in and plug it into the plug or can i just splice into the wires behind the plug thanks

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
no !, dont hook anything to that plug, tap into the ignition switch for the mini switch power, run the winch cables to battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no !, dont hook anything to that plug, tap into the ignition switch for the mini switch power, run the winch cables to battery.
why because then if it ever does short it out i have to replace the whole key switch instead of a 10” wire

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
why because then if it ever does short it out i have to replace the whole key switch instead of a 10” wire
because that outlet wire is not big enough to carry the load. as for the ignition switch, your looking to pig tail it to the out put side of the ignition switch not the input side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts