Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried a new fuel pump it seemed to help just a little but not much at all.
Could it being out of time or the valves be outa wack to make it run bad as if it was wanting to miss or die while riding

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Important info Kentco is saying cause if it's an EFI there's many little things that'll screw it up.

·
Premium Member
10,717 Posts
I respectfully disagree with the above statement as Fuel Injection is dramatically more reliable than carburetion. If it wasn't, then you wouldn't see FI in every new vehicle sold, on new Powersports Vehicles, boats, motorcycles, atv's, and now, even Stihl is coming out with a fuel injected chainsaw!

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I respectfully disagree with the above statement as Fuel Injection is dramatically more reliable than carburetion. If it wasn't, then you wouldn't see FI in every new vehicle sold, on new Powersports Vehicles, boats, motorcycles, atv's, and now, even Stihl is coming out with a fuel injected chainsaw!
Didn't mean it like that I didn't say anything about carbs were better I ment that any little thing from a dirty connection to a sensor that's dirty or a weak electrical signal from the computer to injectors can really mess things up.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I should've said it in my statement that any little thing can go out in a fuel injection system or electrical issue can do damage big time. It's being took the wrong way. And that ends my explanation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
jdp
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing