Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an ATV forum however I believe there is a lot more traffic on this forum than the Pioneer forum and I am quite certain that most people who own an ATV also won or know somebody who owns a Pioneer and I would like to share what I have found out about my Pioneer that is evidently a common problem that has not yet become a recall.

My Pioneer 1000 was shutting off while I was just driving down the trail. I thought it was a fuel problem meaning the actual fuel I was using maybe having gas in it however it was the fuel injector #2 wiring harness. While talking the service rep at my local Honda dealer he told me has has been having to replace a lot of these lately and had just received a "Whole shipment" of these wiring harness pig tails that they have come up with. This "Whole shipment" comment he made told me that this is a very common problem. Good news is that if your vehicle is still under warranty then it is covered. If it is not then it doesn't take long to fix or you may be able to fix it yourself. My advise is to just have it replaced on your next service while your unit is still under warranty if they will i fact do it for you. My Pioneer is a 2016 and was one of the 1st ones to hit the show room floor which means it has over 2,000 miles on it. I don't at what point these will start to fail but I am quite certain this is going to become a recall issue at some point. I also figure someone will come up with a fix and probably post a repair on YouTube or something. While searching the internet I came across a few other people having this issue is why I want to try and share as must as I know about this. Also, when mine shut off it did in fact give out a blinking code which was (1 long flash and 3 short flashes) which I think means rear injector. Also, this will only happen when the problem occurs. I was thinking that it would be doing this every time I turned the key on but it did not which is why I couldn't figure this out.

Any way all is good now and this an easy simple fix but can be very aggravating if you are left stranded. Just wanted to share what I know cause I know there is someone else out there searching for answers about this and before you go taking your machine apart and throwing away lots of gas or whatever, give this a try. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely no problem. Also, one more thing is that mine was not under warranty and they only charged me a half hours labor to do this so it is fairly inexpensive to fix. Cost me $57 at the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an ATV forum however I believe there is a lot more traffic on this forum than the Pioneer forum and I am quite certain that most people who own an ATV also won or know somebody who owns a Pioneer and I would like to share what I have found out about my Pioneer that is evidently a common problem that has not yet become a recall.

My Pioneer 1000 was shutting off while I was just driving down the trail. I thought it was a fuel problem meaning the actual fuel I was using maybe having gas in it however it was the fuel injector #2 wiring harness. While talking the service rep at my local Honda dealer he told me has has been having to replace a lot of these lately and had just received a "Whole shipment" of these wiring harness pig tails that they have come up with. This "Whole shipment" comment he made told me that this is a very common problem. Good news is that if your vehicle is still under warranty then it is covered. If it is not then it doesn't take long to fix or you may be able to fix it yourself. My advise is to just have it replaced on your next service while your unit is still under warranty if they will i fact do it for you. My Pioneer is a 2016 and was one of the 1st ones to hit the show room floor which means it has over 2,000 miles on it. I don't at what point these will start to fail but I am quite certain this is going to become a recall issue at some point. I also figure someone will come up with a fix and probably post a repair on YouTube or something. While searching the internet I came across a few other people having this issue is why I want to try and share as must as I know about this. Also, when mine shut off it did in fact give out a blinking code which was (1 long flash and 3 short flashes) which I think means rear injector. Also, this will only happen when the problem occurs. I was thinking that it would be doing this every time I turned the key on but it did not which is why I couldn't figure this out.

Any way all is good now and this an easy simple fix but can be very aggravating if you are left stranded. Just wanted to share what I know cause I know there is someone else out there searching for answers about this and before you go taking your machine apart and throwing away lots of gas or whatever, give this a try. Good luck.
Well the dealer told me it was my plugs. I asked for them back to see a fouled plug on a machine with 90hrs looked like. Crap that was a joke.The different issues I described before it quit running were ignored. Too many short trips they explained...huh??? cant see that in the owner manual. So I just paid the 110 and went home with it. Strange part is they had kept the machine for 3 more weeks to do the accelerator recall. I let them. Within two hours other issue came up- first gear lockout- neutral switch on- off code 52 from DCT. Now two weeks later they or Honda have no clue I had this 14 months-spent 12 weeks in shop and now after seeing these issue and pulling the ECM codes its somehow stopped. I never had it running long enough to get it on a trail-only been used on property with turf tire-and they they think somehow the 23" turf tire instead of the 27" OEM tire is causing the problem. The dealer is hiding something, I am bringing the OEM Tires and wheels back to dispel any more CRAP. Thanks for your posting and I will upodate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well the dealer told me it was my plugs. I asked for them back to see a fouled plug on a machine with 90hrs looked like. Crap that was a joke.The different issues I described before it quit running were ignored. Too many short trips they explained...huh??? cant see that in the owner manual. So I just paid the 110 and went home with it. Strange part is they had kept the machine for 3 more weeks to do the accelerator recall. I let them. Within two hours other issue came up- first gear lockout- neutral switch on- off code 52 from DCT. Now two weeks later they or Honda have no clue I had this 14 months-spent 12 weeks in shop and now after seeing these issue and pulling the ECM codes its somehow stopped. I never had it running long enough to get it on a trail-only been used on property with turf tire-and they they think somehow the 23" turf tire instead of the 27" OEM tire is causing the problem. The dealer is hiding something, I am bringing the OEM Tires and wheels back to dispel any more CRAP. Thanks for your posting and I will upodate.
Please do update mate

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2018 700 pioneer doing same thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts