Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone here ever rode either a oddyessy or a pilot?It doesn't matter which model just curious as to how they handle and perform.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.I'd really like to get one but they are so much money.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well still not bad i guess.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree.From what I've seen they had better suspension than any of thee others.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It'd be fun until you stood up and were an inch shorter from your spine compressing.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I used to have 2 of the older Odysseys back in the '80s. Both were 250's. They were pretty fun back then. I think they would only run about 45 or 50. No electric start, no reverse and they wouldn't cut too deep, but you could always slide them around. They had no suspension in the rear and the front suspension was so stiff it really didn't work much anyway. When they landed off a jump, the rear end would just keep bouncing. It would be hard on my back now, but it didn't bother me much back then. I liked the roll cage and the 4 point harness, though. You could flip those things end over end several times and not get hurt, unless you let a arm or leg fall out, but I never did.

I've never owned or rode the newer Pilots, but you can tell by looking at them that they have a good suspension. I have heard that the newer, liquid cooled ones, will really haul, too. No doubt way funner than the old Odysseys.

This is like the ones that I had.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The Pilot was the upgraded version, they still race those.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Aren't the pilot and odyssey also car models? Strange they would use the same name.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Yeah, Honda likes to use their names more than once. Look at the Honda BiG Red... a UTV and an ATC.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys are right.I guess they do like to reuse names.I saw videos of a pilot 800cc.It hauled man.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think big red is a name only suited for the powersport market. It might be a little off for the car market, but I have heard stranger names for cars like the VW tiguana. Its two names in one. I've got a 250 and 350 both are fun in the own right. the 350 as I have been told has a stronger cage than the pilot but has starter problems and with the gen. 1 head overheats. also the pilot is water cooled. The 250s with 440 arctic cat engines are wild as well they have one with 105 hp and can't keep the front end down.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big red was only used as a utility vehicle and a 3 wheeler.Not in the car market.Thats just oddyessy and pilot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts