Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the diffrence between the honda 200x motor and the 200s motor besides the kick start any help please

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
What year?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1984 is the year of the bike ,, when i bought the 200x the guy said it has a 185 motor in it but he has the 200x in a box and gave me what he said was to a 200x motor and another motor as far as i can tell bolth motor he gave me are 200s motors but i dont know for sure they are 200s eather im just learning about atvs , is there a number somewhere on the motor to tell for sure ?????????

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 200x motor is a manual clutch 5 speed whereas the 185/200s motors were auto 4 speeds. I think the 200s engine put out 12hp stock and the x engine was around 15-17.

You want to put the 200x engine back in it. Its way better power/gearing.

Go here these guys can help you. They helped me with my 185s and I met up with alot of them at little sahara and rode the dunes with them

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forum.php

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after diggin bolth motors out i think bolth motors are the 200s motors not 200x like i was told can you identifi these numbers for me tbo5 2236897 and the other is tbo5 2538924 and which one should i rebuild and what is the hp and should i bore it out as i weigh 300 lbs and want to be able to move lol....

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
As far as the numbers I would call the local Honda dealer or get online and find a number for them. your H.P. may be somewhere around 12-15. Boring it won't give you that much morebut add in a high compression piston, exhaust, cam, carb jetting, and a good air filter and you should get it to move around pretty good.

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
TB05 ATC 200 B-D / EC-D / XD-H / SE-G / ME-F / ESE-F
- 1st digit : represents the country in which it was made. 1 or 4 is for the U.S., 2 is for Canada, J is for Japan, K is for Korea etc.

- 2nd digit : represents the manufacturer. H is for Honda, K is for Kawasaki etc.

- 3rd digit : this position represents the vehicle type or manufacturing division which can vary by make of vehicle.

- 4th to 8th digits : these positions represent vehicle attributes such as body style and engine type (not to be confused with an engine code, every vehicle has one of those mounted on the engine).
Honda ATV owners visit the Honda ATV Model Codes list for model information.

- 9th digit : this is called a “check digit” and it exists for security reasons. This letter or number is derived mathematically depending on the previous 8 digits. It’s used to confirm that a VIN isn’t being fabricated.

- 10th digit : The vehicle year.

- 11th digit : Assembly plant

- 12th to 17th digits : These numbers increase by one for each unit that rolls off the assembly line, the last four are always digits.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The numbers he supplied are only 11 digits.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im confused are the specs you gave for the vin# cause what im looking for is what motor i have , ive been trying to figure it out from your specs and it just not working ,dont mean to sound ignorant but i was born that way lol.....

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I will try to remember to call the Honda shop tomorrow and see what I can find.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx i apprecited i call down to the honda shop here and there was a young kid said he was the only one there today,when i asked him there was a long pause and im sure a blank stare, he says ill have to call honda . i thought a offical honda parts and labor shop could help me . i guess they will hire anyone ....

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Yes they will hire anyone... My local shop knows their stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts