Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Check your valves and adjust the carb see what that does for the bogging. Check your spark plug and see what color it is.. it’ll tell you a lot about how it’s running..

As for the brake drum.. it’s probably full of mud and crap.. keep working with it, it’ll come off. Make sure the actuator not binding and holding the shoes out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Check your valves and adjust the carb see what that does for the bogging. Check your spark plug and see what color it is.. it’ll tell you a lot about how it’s running..

As for the brake drum.. it’s probably full of mud and crap.. keep working with it, it’ll come off. Make sure the actuator not binding and holding the shoes out..

Will do. Time to google "actuator honda atv fourtrax 200d" :smile

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I hear that. I haven't had time to worry about it anyway. I just bought a Honda Recon 2007 that needs a petcock valve and two front tires. As soon as the parts get here I plan on diving right in.

Oh - if the brakes were stuck wouldn't that mean the rear wheels wouldn't turn at all?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I hear that. I haven't had time to worry about it anyway. I just bought a Honda Recon 2007 that needs a petcock valve and two front tires. As soon as the parts get here I plan on diving right in.

Oh - if the brakes were stuck wouldn't that mean the rear wheels wouldn't turn at all?

Not necessarily. It’s common for brake drums to be a pain to get off. When you do get it off, clean everything up really good. Pull the cam out and put some antisieze on it. It’ll help it operate smooth and easier to take apart next time

·
Registered
2 Posts
The choke might be hung open a bit if you need to give it air to start it? Attached is a screenshot from section 5 of the service manual pertaining to the initial airscrew adjustment.... cmanningjr advice is spot on..!
Hi, we just purchased a very poorly maintained and cared for '91 TRX200/D Type II in need of serious TLC. Is it possible to post a link to that repair manual again? Right now, we're looking for the schematics to ensure the wiring for starting is all correct. Right now, it's all janky. We get lights, but no starter action.

This thing is seriously beat up but we only paid $200 for it. It'll be a good project even if it has a face only a mother could love.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts