Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im new to the page. I have a 1992 honda fourtrax 200 type 2. It sat for 3 years in a garage and didnt run until recently. Did a few tweaks and it ran great. One day i was running it and then parked it. Went to get back on it and it wouldnt fire. Turns out i had the kill switch to off after trying to crank on it for awhile. Switched it to on and it fired and ran for about 10 seconds and it quit. Thinking i just flooded it i let sit. Then still nothing. Turns out theres no spark at all. Ive replaced the cdi with a dc. Replaced the stator. Replaced the coil and plug. Replaced the power module aswell. Still no spark. Need help figuring this out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay, lets take it back to basics, check everything that can kill spark. Neutral safety switch, Handlebar kill switch, (if this model has it) Brake safety switch, and obviously your ignition. If it were my machine i'd check the handlebar kill and make sure its doing what it's supposed too, Next. Check your plug and make sure your plug isn't just acting up, go buy a new plug for a few bucks and try that one out. If that fails check your ignition just to confirm it. Again, it never hurts to confirm everything. Saves money and time. Also, check your main machine ground, it should be somewhere near the CDI on the machine. i'll see if i can find a diamond for you.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Hello im new to the page. I have a 1992 honda fourtrax 200 type 2. It sat for 3 years in a garage and didnt run until recently. Did a few tweaks and it ran great. One day i was running it and then parked it. Went to get back on it and it wouldnt fire. Turns out i had the kill switch to off after trying to crank on it for awhile. Switched it to on and it fired and ran for about 10 seconds and it quit. Thinking i just flooded it i let sit. Then still nothing. Turns out theres no spark at all. Ive replaced the cdi with a dc. Replaced the stator. Replaced the coil and plug. Replaced the power module aswell. Still no spark. Need help figuring this out.
was the c.d.i. oem from honda ?, or was it an after market ? if after market..i would not trust that junk as far as i could throw it !.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts