Honda ATV Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
i do see it's tied into the dc consent power outlet..and also the alarm unit..sooo..my guess it's for some kinda power supply for something optional.
I would say that wire is for the fan that was offered as an option, since it ties in with the alarm unit.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
i do see it's tied into the dc consent power outlet..and also the alarm unit..sooo..my guess it's for some kinda power supply for something optional.
I would say that wire is for the fan that was offered as an option, since it ties in with the alarm unit.
that almost makes perfect sinse..buttttt..why would they have it back near the battery ???. be kinda stupid to run a power lead way back there for a fan..when you can do that in the front of the bike. i'm sure it was put there for a reason..but..i'll be damned if i know !!..lol

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
that almost makes perfect sinse..buttttt..why would they have it back near the battery ???. be kinda stupid to run a power lead way back there for a fan..when you can do that in the front of the bike. i'm sure it was put there for a reason..but..i'll be damned if i know !!..lol
I just looked at some wiring diagrams and the '88 had a ground wire (green) that ran from the reverse switch to the same location as that pink wire. Maybe it was an option to hook up a reverse light, but '89-up don't have the green wire.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
I just looked at some wiring diagrams and the '88 had a ground wire (green) that ran from the reverse switch to the same location as that pink wire. Maybe it was an option to hook up a reverse light, but '89-up don't have the green wire.
more than likely they were intended for reverse lights then. probally for canada models, or other countries..as some are street legal ..and they have to have all the lights for that purphase. i know in US..they are not street legal..so they have no need for reverse lights, that's what i think anyway.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
ok so the pink wire doesnt need to be hooked to anything...well i still have nothing happening the green light dont come on and the starter button dont work....but i havent checked the ground connection yet..can you tell me where its located?

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
ok so the pink wire doesnt need to be hooked to anything...well i still have nothing happening the green light dont come on and the starter button dont work....but i havent checked the ground connection yet..can you tell me where its located?
it's down at the right foot rest,,behind the metal cover..you have 3 plugs there..one is the nuetral wire..other is reverse..last one by itself is the oil temp sensor plug. and did you check your neutral light bulb ??..lol. also..the elec start won't work unless the nuetral light comes on..because the c.d.i doesn't know the bike is in nuetral..safety feature.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
The main ground from the battery is bolted to one of the starter mounting bolts. The ground for the whole electrical system is bolted to the ignition coil mounting bolt.

If you were asking about the ground for the neutral light circuit, then Shadetree just told you in the post above.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
ok ill have to check that. thanks alot.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
easy way too check your seloniod..unhook the neutral plug..yes..the reverse plug is tied to both of them..touch it to the engine..or frame..if neutral light lights up..push the start button..it should crank..that is if your selonoid is good and hooked up right ??...lol. near the plug where your neutral and reverse plug is..on the engine case..you can see a N and a R..they might be hard to see from dirt..as this area always gets covered by dirt and mud..but it will show you which wire is the neutral wire..but in case you get a brain fart..and quickly forget which one is which..lmfao..the green/red wire is your neutral wire.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
so i just want to let you know shadetree that i finally got to putting my new wiring harness on and finally the starter work perfect so ya im really happy and it was really easy. so thanks alot for all you help!!:icon_ banana:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.