Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am trying to remove the rear double axle nuts from the differential side of my honda fourtrax 300 4x4. I have the 41mm wrenches and even with another person I am unable to budge the nuts loose. I have repeatedly soaked the nuts in marvel mystery oil and still they will not budge. Just confirming that the nuts loosen counterclockwise? (Not a left hand thread )

Thinking about ordering one of these axle nut tools for an impact. Anyone have any experience with this tool?
Honda ATV Axle Nut Tool R R Exposed Axle Nuts | eBay

Thanks in Advance,

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I had this one made, deep impact socket cut and extended with sch80 pipe, welded and turned down on a lathe. Works awesome and won't be without one now.

Material property Cylinder

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
Yes they unscrew counter clockwise, i bust them loose with heat. only way i have loosened them is when they are red hot.

i need to make a tool like LBZ but have yet to find a 41mm socket locally.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I bought mine at northern tool clearance for like $2.50. Manny my local store stocks them, I can pick you one up and send it if you want.

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
Thank you for the offer LBZ. i will definitely look you up if i cant find one at sears.

Fish-does the 1 5/8 fit tight? most of them have already been slightly rounded from pipe wrenches and crescent wrenches from previous owners, a slightly bigger socket i fear would just strip what meat it had left.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I thought this up before I had seen one online. Just used it last week. Axle nuts on a '90 trx300 that had been sitting outside at the beach since about 2000. Even after soaking with pb blaster and using heat it still took my 1" impact with 800lbft to remove them. Socket held up perfectly.

Reactions: Dmacally
1 - 9 of 9 Posts