Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
You know the best way to keep from having water problems with the electrical system , stay out the water !!! ---- when I use to 4x4 truck a lot , I used women's hair spray and coated all the spark plug wires , caps and electrical connectors going to the coil , it works great

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey guys I know it's been a while since I updated this.
I have dielectric greaseed the wiring, re did the crank case vent after it popped open and filled the engine with water again.
I think I finally have it down to the carb vents. I had one tear on me again so since I got some new hose I'm going to fix that.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I am re-doing my 300 crankcase vent hose right now while I got it pulled down for repairs , it was still the OEM hose to up under the tank where I spliced it to go up with the snorkel , it was brittle on the engine side end and cracked up when I pulled it off the crankcase , it was an accident waiting to happen , as far as all the other vents I been using poly plastic air brake tubing , fits tight without using a clamp and it is tuff , comes in multiple colors if you are into the bling/thing

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the input guys.

I think I am going to do a full on mud build of this bike. Swing arm stretch, A-arms stretch, 28s maybe 30s and a full build of the engine. It's starting to smoke now and ticks bad in the top end so I will probably build it with a big bore kit, high performance valve train and cam, and a gear reduction

21 - 26 of 26 Posts