Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Honda 300 is bogging in water when I reaches spark plug. Snorkel is tight new plug and dielectric greased everything but still does it I've lost ideas on what to do next can anyone help.

· Registered
37 Posts
To be honest this is kind of a new issue for me we stop boats for boats and four wheelers or four wheelers but if you don't have all your carburetor vents up towards the handlebar as high as you can get them in the chassis you're going to get water in the vents. She won't tend to suck the water down but she also won't allow the carburetor to vent properly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Do you have a watertight plug cap? Is water getting in your fuel tank?(fuel floats on water) Have you checked for any leaks around the carb, rubber inlet boot etc? You could have a small air leak (intake) would run fine until you dunk it in a puddle.

Also, does it bog/misfire at full throttle if your just in deep mud, no water?

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
No no, not fuel leaks, air leaks... You could have a tiny air leak that may not be affecting the way your machine runs (yet) but, if air can pass through so will water. Water would cause a misfire.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did two things I'm not sure which one did it but I replaced the coil and there was a spot on bottom of carb that looked like it needed a vent line on the bottom right it wasn't the over flow it was another so I ran a vent line and it seemed to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.