Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents recently bought an ATV from an owner and forgot to ask what kind of oil it used - -! It's a Honda FourTrax 200 Type II and unfortunately the manual was 'lost' so I couldn't find out what type of oil it needs and how much.

So, I ask you guys; what kind of oil does this ATV take and how much should I put in?

I know absolutely nothing about ATV so I'm depending on this forum for answers and for the help :)

:icon_wink:

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Always use an oil designed for wet clutches such as Honda GN4 10W-40, any oil not designed for wet clutches will cause your clutch to start slipping. There should be two marks on the dipstick, fill it to the upper mark. When you check the oil, pull the dipstick out and wipe it clean. Then, put the dipstick back in but don't screw it in, just put it in until the threads touch. Now, pull it back out and read the oil level. Anywhere between the two marks is OK, but the upper mark is the "full" mark.

When changing the oil, it should hold 2 quarts.

Here is a link to an owner's manual for the Fourtrax 200 Type II.

http://campaigns.hondampe.com.au/Motorcycles/manuals/atv/own90trx20001.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh, thanks for the welcoming and thanks for the great help. Also how did you find the manual so easy? o_O I tried all morning and came up with nothing; thank you for that Helmut.

My parents just bought it yesterday and already no oil. All dried up :p We ran it dry for like 20minutes =/ Hoped nothing broke within those 20minutes:icon_ cry:

Thanks for all the help and the manual's link.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts