Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with my old three wheeler jumping out of gear. It seems to do it when i am going up a hill but after i have been riding it for an hour or so, it will do it all the freakin time. I changed out the clutch already. Any info?

Eric

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Gears are worn would be my guess... my buddy's 110 three-wheeler does the same thing

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I agree^^^^^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atc 125 m

so then i guess this is something i will have to have a shop do being how i have never done it? i am sick of rolling the thing on top of me. makes me want to take it to the gun range and teach it a lesson it will never forget!

eric:icon_twisted:

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I would take it to a shop for tranny work.If you don't get it just right it'll never shift the same again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I don't want to sound like a know it all but I had one that was doing the same thing. All it was is a lose bolt on the end of the trans mission gear shaft, it's on the clutch side behind the primary gear. I had to just tighten the bolt and reassemble the motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
gear jumping

I am having problems with my old three wheeler jumping out of gear. It seems to do it when i am going up a hill but after i have been riding it for an hour or so, it will do it all the freakin time. I changed out the clutch already. Any info?

Eric
Hey- just happened across this, dont know if you got it fixed but I had the same problem. Tore engine down on clutch side- there is a tensioned arm with a roller that is bolted to the engine case that keeps the shift drum in position. It is very common for the boss cast into the engine case to break, often making it necessary to replace the right side engine case- Just finished fixing one-hope this helps

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
it could be the shiften fork to

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
if it's jumping out of gear..more than likely..the shifting drum arm isn't going all the way into the next gear..it's on the clutch side..there is a arm with a little metal wheel that rides in gear groves..if it doesnt set into the next grove..means the arm or wheel is in a bind..you will have to fix it yourself..most honda dealers won't even look at..or touch for that matter if this is a 3 wheeler ?..i say this..because they put 125m's in both 3 and 4 wheelers many moons ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts