Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, what is the best way to gain more ground clearance given that we have the normal wheels and tyres fitted at present and would like more under frame clearance at minimal outlay as the way we work, there is a 50mm bar that crosses underneath the frame making it hard to clear uneven ground at times, thanks

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
576 Posts
Lift kits are cheap. I have the perfex one, highlifter has one too as well as a bunch of highlifter knock offs on amazon and ebay.
The perfex one in my 520 rubicon, raises it about an inch. The highlifter and knock offs are closer to 2 inch in the rear, it's common to drill a new mount hole in the rear highlifter kit so it only raises the rear 1 inch.

If you have a solid rear axle foreman the only way to get more clearance is taller tires, the lift kits raise the frame but the axle is still the low point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Eric,
thanks for that, I have looked for these kits for the 520 IRS with no luck, found kits for the 680, wondering if I can build them myself, would you have pictures of the parts needed to assist me in this please, I like a challenge.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
The lift kits for the 2016 or newer will work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts