Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just joined the forum as I recently got my bike.
This problem occurred when I tried to start it yesterday after already riding it that day. I pressed the ignition button once it never started so I tried it again and it never started, I could hear the starter motor turning over for both attempts. Then the third time after realeasing the button it never started again, but this time the starter just kept turning over and I couldn't get it to stop. It eventually just stopped it's self and I lost all power on the quad screen. From looking at the forum I'm guessing the solenoid for that switch is stuck on. My question is would the starter motor turning over continuously like that drain the battery? I also checked the fuses which were all good

Any information is welcomed
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
welcome to the forums. yes, a running starter will drain your battery. and yes, a stuck starter solenoid will cause your problem. as to why it was not turning the motor over ?, could be the starters one-way bearing ?. never let it run like that...ever !..lol. unbolt the battery next time it does that :).

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
odd's are ?, your one-way bearing is bad, and that requires you to pull the rear engine cover, remove the flywheel, yes, you will need a tool to pop the flywheel off, in order to replace the one-way starter bearing :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts