Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped the tires and wheels of a Honda 420 on to a two wheel drive 1989 300 four trax? I have a chance to get the stock wheels and tires but not sure if they will fit due to my 300 having drum brakes.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Has anyone swapped the tires and wheels of a Honda 420 on to a two wheel drive 1989 300 four trax? I have a chance to get the stock wheels and tires but not sure if they will fit due to my 300 having drum brakes.
The bigger question is if they are from an SRA or IRS 420. SRA will have the correct offset, IRS will not. Either will "fit" but offset is just as important.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
I am a 300 guy and not a 420 guy , the bolt pattern will be the same , 420s were available with straight axles and IRS , the IRS rims would have a different offset and could work if you used wheel spacers , the straight axles will be the same offset or close enough

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Like these guys said, if they are off a straight axle Rancher your fine. If they are from an IRS machine don’t waste your time keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Rear wheels worked fine. Front wheels hit the springs. Looking for some spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts