Honda ATV Forum banner

Honda 400ex vs Suzuki ltz400

13K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Milkman 
#1 ·
I was looking at purchasing a used quad under the 2500 range and I found 2 decent looking quads being sold form the same guy who just doesn't ride enough. I was wondering what would be a better quad to get for my first one. A 2002 Honda 400ex or a 2003 Suzuki itz400. From what I read it seems its faster but the 400ex has more torque. I also noticed that the 2003 model of the itz400 has reverse and liquid cooling. I can get them at the same cost of 2,200 which one should I go towards.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Your gunna have a hard time getting anyone on a honda forum to say buy a susucky lol. But to be honest reverse is IMO absolutely necessary. So if not a 05+ 400ex i would say get the z400. Pretty compairable in power and reliability. It comes down to do you really want to get off and push it for reverse? The answer to that question is no. And you can make fun of all your riding buddies that dont have it on there way faster 450s lol.

#5 · (Edited)
Yap....

There will come a time and a place where you will be SUPER happy you have reverse, or peeved off that you don't haha.

It's hard to knock the reliability and ease of maintenance of the 400EX, but if you're going to get another 400, the ltz is a good choice!

Slightly higher HP than the Honda stock for stock, but I don't know anything about their upgrades or bore kits.

GL and post pics of your new toy, whatever you end up with!

PS. Looks like he's got the front tires of the 400EX on backwards, lol

Reactions: XplicitRacing6
#6 ·
I had the Kawasaki version of the Z400 for 8 years and it never let me down. I loved that it had reverse and liquid cooled. Perfect for trail riding. I only got rid of it to get a Kawasaki 450, which also has reverse.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.