Honda ATV Forum banner

Honda 350 Big Red

28K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  theshrews 
#1 ·
Hi there, new to this but am needing some help. I have just bought what I think is a Honda 350 Big red, the guy I bought it from said it was from '98/'99, but when looking on the internet I can't seem to find any from that period. I need to get some parts for it and unless I know when the quad was built I'm stuck. Also can't find a frame number anywhere.

Please can someone give me a clue!!!!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forums. First, do you have a picture? If not, is the gas tank under the seat? Does the rear axle have an axle tube the full length of the axle or is the axle exposed? Can you find the engine code on the engine? Just a few questions to try to narrow it down.

#3 ·
They havent built big red fourwheelers/three wheelers since the mid-80s. It could be a foreman or just a 300 fourtrax. here is a picture of a big red from the 80's

Attachments

#4 ·
Kind of makes you wonder why the numbers are gone of it? Shouldnt it be stamped on the frame somewhere near the steering stem.

#5 ·
The VIN number should be stamped on the front part of the frame, in between the two frame rails, behind the bumper/push bar or whatever you want to call it. Sometimes, it will have dirt/grime over it and can be hard to see.

#6 ·
If it's a '98 or '99, I would say it's a Fourtrax 300, because they didn't make the 350 Foreman in '98 or '99 and they didn't start making the 350 Rancher until 2000.

#7 ·
I couldnt remember the exact years was just throwing info out there. One thing is for sure...either it is not a 98 or 99....or its not a big red

#8 ·
In the US, none of the Fourtrax 300s were called "Big Red", but I think they were in the UK, but I don't know what years.

#9 ·
Thanks for the photo I think I have been given duff information form the bloke that sold me it. Do you have any more photos as it is the spitting image of thie quad I have bought. Also the drive has gone on the rear axle, I think a small gear cog has stripped some teeth, need to buy replacement cog or new back axle. Anyone any ideas where to go.

#11 ·
If it's the Fourtrax 300, the picture below, will show you where the VIN number is located. On the earlier models, it is located in a similar place, but a little lower down.

#12 ·
Man I hate to hear that! some people will do just about anything to rip someone off. The bright side is that is a Honda and it will last forever. There are several Motorcycle/ATV junk yards that sell stuff on ebay, maybe you could find one of them and contact them about the parts you need.

#15 ·
I don't know of any other way to tell the year if it's not there. It should be there unless someone used a grinder to grind it off the frame, because it's stamped into the metal.

#14 ·
Here is another picture.

#16 ·
I did a little research and they only made the 350 Big red for a few yeas in the early 90's. There are parts fisch on the internet for them just gonna take a little digging and I would say google, ebay, and this forum have just become your new best friends. Put a couple of pics up of it and maybe even some of the rear end and someone will help you

#18 ·
I did a little research and they only made the 350 Big red for a few yeas in the early 90's.
I'm assuming you're speaking of the Fourtrax/Foreman 350, or that's what the US models were called, anyway. If so, they were sold from '86-'89 in the US, but I think they might have been sold up through '92 or maybe later in the UK and Canada and maybe other countries.

To my knowledge, none of the US models of 4-wheelers were called "Big Red", just some of the 3-wheelers and Honda's new side by side. I know some of the 4-wheelers that were sold in the UK and other countries were called "Big Red".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.