Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. I have a stock 2006 TRX 300ex and when I'm riding in my woods track (no big jumps) I notice that my suspension bottoms out a lot. I have tightened the suspension up all the way and it didn't really help. I'm not very fat LOL so I don't think that is the problem........ Before I go and buy better shocks is there anything I can do to stiffen them up? I didn't really look but I don't think the stock shocks can be charged with Nitrogen can they? I have a Tank of nitrogen because of my off road buggies. I just don't want to spend a bunch of money when I could have saved it for other stuff. Thanks guys!
Cameron

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hmm I guess making the shocks stiffer isn't possible?

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
You can put a spring spacer on them to make the spring stiffer, but the best way to fix it would be an aftermarket shock with compression adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can put a spring spacer on them to make the spring stiffer, but the best way to fix it would be an aftermarket shock with compression adjustment.

Alright I'll look into that I have never heard of spring spacers. Thanks

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Yeah it's more of a utility thing rather than a sport thing, but the it makes the shock stiffer regardless of what you put it on.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah it's more of a utility thing rather than a sport thing, but the it makes the shock stiffer regardless of what you put it on.

Alright, I'll probably end up just buy fox shocks anyways, But I was just wondering if in the meantime that I don't have them I could make them stiffer. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
shock relocation bracket and 450R front shocks and a 02 660 Raptor rear shock. . . .

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up getting a used pair of Works Shocks from a buddy; they seem a lot stiffer. They also can be filled with nitrogen. I hope to take it out this weekend and see how they perform

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the idea. Since I don't race this bike anymore I probably won't put much more money into it. I was only having problems with the front shocks. The rear one is perfectly fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts