Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 88 fourtrax 300 starter will not work when I hook it up straight to a battery but if I kick the kicker it spin over

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
my 88 fourtrax 300 starter will not work when I hook it up straight to a battery but if I kick the kicker it spin over
kicking it over has NOTHING to do with the starter being bad !. sounds like your starter needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what I cant figure out the starter will noryt stop spinning untile I disconnect it from the battery

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
what I cant figure out the starter will noryt stop spinning untile I disconnect it from the battery
your not suppose to hook it directly to the battery !, its suppose to be hooked to the starter solenoind :).

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
was this starter recently replaced ?, if so ?, then you got the wrong starter !, most starters for trx300's are CCW ( counter clockwise ).

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
it do the same thing with the solenoind on it
lets back up here, do you have the starter hooked up like my pic i posted ^^ ?, was the starter just replaced ? if its all good ?, then i would almost bet your one-way bearing is bad, but !!!, this does not explain why the starter keeps spinning when you push the starter button ?, unless !!!!, the starter solenoid is bad, and hanging ?!. if it is ?, then this is the very same thing as you connecting your starter straight to the battery...WHICH YOU CAN NOT DO !..LOL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes it is hook up like the pic but I don't have to push the starter button just kicking it make the starter spin and it hangs up

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
yes it is hook up like the pic but I don't have to push the starter button just kicking it make the starter spin and it hangs up
then chances are your having issues with your one-way starter bearing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am tired of messing with it plus it just now stop sparking I just going to take it to a repair shop and have them fix it

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
I am tired of messing with it plus it just now stop sparking I just going to take it to a repair shop and have them fix it
if you take it to a honda dealership ?, they wont touch it with a 10ft poll !..anything over 10 years old ?, they wont mess with it at all..no matter how much money you offer them..lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I not going to take it to a dealership I going to take it to the same shop that I had a 92 kx 125 rebuilt at

1 - 17 of 17 Posts