Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get enough lift to clear 27" or 26" tires, so what shocks should I run to clear those. I hears about rancher 350's and Brute Force 750's. I am trying to avoid a lift and just put bigger shocks. I also need to figure out what tire would be best for my bike, i use it for hunting but we have some deep areas. Im planning on snorkling it and a jet kit and maybe a few other things. Looking for suggestions. Thanks

· Registered
7,085 Posts
I want to get enough lift to clear 27" or 26" tires, so what shocks should I run to clear those. I hears about rancher 350's and Brute Force 750's. I am trying to avoid a lift and just put bigger shocks. I also need to figure out what tire would be best for my bike, i use it for hunting but we have some deep areas. Im planning on snorkling it and a jet kit and maybe a few other things. Looking for suggestions. Thanks

300EX shocks would clear 26's fine. Maybe 27's. I'm clearing 28's on my 94 with a 1.5" lift kit and hockey puck spacers on the shocks, fenders are zip tied to my floorboards...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Is the 300ex rear shock adjustable in any way?

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Ouch! At that price it can stay on the store shelf haha. I may look out for an ex shock for my fw, the stock item is great around the farm but to firm when playing around at the off-road park. Be nice to have the option of adjusting it.

· Registered
7,085 Posts
Haha that's funny because I find the stock one way too soft and was looking for something firmer. If your looking for something just for the better ride and adjustability but don't want a lift check out the 300FW shocks from Bronco and Progressive. The progressive has a really nice ride with 5 preload settings, Bronco is more similar to OEM but has threaded preload adjustment, at least on their front shocks not 100% sure on the rear as I haven't bought one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Haha. I just find it tends to feel like the back end is crashing over things rather than flowing. Yeh that would have been a small issue using the 300ex shock, having to alter the lift again to suit.
I'll check those out on bronco, thanks Mac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.