Honda ATV Forum banner

Honda 300 fourtrax rebuild

743 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  shadetree 
#1 ·
New to this I have a 96 300 fourtrax I am looking to rebuild the top end on i was wondering if a top end kit for a sportrax would work on the fourth also atv is all to pieces at this point (i bought it that way almost gave) I know my way around engines some any info on rebuilding it would be appreciated as I am use to v8s not Honda fourwheeler engines i know its the same principle just info can be hard to find on specs sometimes i can't word things right either im trying to get it running to have something to hunt on

#3 ·
Whether or not a 300EX top end fits a 300 FW , I don't know , and I have had 300's for a while , never heard of it , I know a 85-87 ATC 250 or a 85 - 87 TRX 250 A top end can be made to fit a 300 with the lost of the decompression starting aid device , but why ?, did you find a free 300EX upper kit ? get the right stuff , G+H ATV will do a good job on boring and suppling parts to do an upper rebuild , about $205 with shipping or if that doesn't interest you buy one of them after market Chinese or Taiwanese jug kits for a couple of dollars less and take a chance , Columbus tool a chance , and it kind of worked out for him but , but he is hated for it today , LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.