Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just bought a new to me Honda 300 Fourtrax 2000 model, I have not owned an atv since the ATC 90 three wheeler days, so this is a first four wheeler for me. My dad owns a 300 Fourtrax as well but his is an 91 or 92 if he remembers right. I picked this bike up from a local kid, was a bit worried it had been abused but the pro shop working on the bike, told me a lot had been done to it. It has a new front end A frames, upper and lower, as well as the front end itself. All new axles front and back, new barrings and seals, engine was over bored and I think it has had some jet work as well. It has a lift kit and is running with after market steel rims with 28" x 8" front and 28" x 10" Mudzillia's all around. Snorkel breathing system and basket rack on back, needs some work, since it has no brakes and the electric starter does not work. I tested and have power to the starter so I picked up a starter repair kit from local dealer and will replace the guts so to speak. I got the bike for $1200 even so I figured I did not do bad

Patman

·
Banned
638 Posts
wweellccoommee!! sounds like you have some fun on your hands

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Welcome to the site... got any pics?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
***Update*** Got the starter working, picked up the, "starter repair kit" from Honda and replaced all the insides and I now have electric start woo hoo!! No pics yet sorry, will take some and post as soon as I can. Thanks for the welcome.

Patman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, it was all ready running just had to kick start it, I will take some pics this weekend on my way back from the deer stand. Woods are a bit flooded and passing through the creek has become, "Interesting"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome, hope to get some pics Thursday afternoon, going to be running some rice bran and mineral blocks to the deer stand.

Patman

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Welcome to the forums New guy lol . we require pics to survive! lol

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts