Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am trying to find a 1993 honda 300 4x4 wire harness oem or not oem let me know if you find one

·
Premium Member
12,617 Posts
I would say there is no such thing as a " not oem " wiring harness ----93 wiring harness is going to give you a hard timing finding as it is a stand alone year when it comes to the wiring harness

I think the wiring harness goes something like this ,
88-89 ////
90-92 ////
93 ///
94-97 ///
98-2000///

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
@Spurk download the service manual and check parts links in my signature block below
Parts links will give you part numbers which you can use to find your wiring harness. I bought a main harness and several subharnesses for a badly rodent-damaged 86.

any hope of repairing the one you have? Mice love the battery box area on a 300

·
Premium Member
12,617 Posts
well do you know where I could find one
No , it is no longer available from Honda , so used is the only way , I pasted the part number to the places I usually look , and never got a hit ----- maybe repair what you got --------- you might find a used one , then again it might takes years to find one

you can swop the entire harness from another year , there will be things that are different , as far as what all on your 93 I don't know what all will be different , I have a 92 , 95 , 2- 96s , 2000 and a 90 engine in a 96 frame with the 90's harness and electrical components , choke , drive shaft , dash lights , key switch , head light switch and all the other parts that needed to be changed for it to work

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think fishfiles is right, I think through the early years they were working out the kinks with the harnesses. A harness from a '88-'00 should fit, but I don't know this for a fact!! Do your own research, and see where that gets you.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I hope it works for you keep in mind the 93 uses a different CDI than the 94. Maybe your CDI will work if the harness is basically same

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Very good. Sounds like the later year wires can connect to the original flywheel, pulse generator, stator and CDI To make it all work.

i still don’t know what you mean by body cavity you’re gonna have to give more info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts