Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have spent countless hours on here in the past couple weeks and finally decided to sign up today. I am looking to get my “new to me” 2001 TRX350FM running smooth. I have it in parts right now. Parts I have off are: gas tank, carb, air box, tires, and most plastics. I want to service it the best I can with my limited budget. I am pretty good at turning wrenches and making things work when I have to. However, I must admit that I am new to the ATV world. When I bought the quad I didn’t know what I was looking at but I thought it was a pretty nice quad for $1900CAD. I need something reliable for hunting without the smell of a leaky carb. I learned the carb was leaking after I bought it and it looks like a cheap aftermarket one because it’s shiny and leaks. So far I bought air filter cleaner/oil, a spark plug, a new gas line, oils for the motor and diffs, and a carb rebuild kit. The guy I bought it from gave me a new starter in the deal because it only started with the pull start. It has a gas line filter already. My goal is to fix the leak and get it idling smooth. Oh, when I press the “float bowl accelerator pump” to prime in the cold weather we have gas was spraying somewhere around the boot of the button. Anyways, that’s pretty much where I am at. Any input and citicism is welcome and appreciated. Any help is welcome. Currently I am looking at buying a good used oem or new. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Welcome!
you can download the service manuals and parts links in my signature block below. I used a pc to download it, but I also bought a hard copy.

the manual will specify the OEM carb and where to find the numbers. check to see what you got

I recommend you always buy OEM

that leaky primer pump caneasily be replaced—two screws and don’t lose that internal spring! Leaky float needles are a problem with these carbs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I compared it to the model in the service manual and it definitely is a knock off. In the meantime what can I do to run this cheap carb as efficiently as possible until I can get an OE? And, can you point me in the right direction to ordering one online? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Yeah a couple things.
Scroll thru my parts links and get the model and part numbers for the OEM carb. There areNOS carbs available on fleabay you’ll need to search for them.
Set up a few auto searches.
And maybe look for a rebuilder carb you can work on.
Lastly knockoff carbs are hard to find rebuild kits for but you might be able to find a primer plunger for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts