Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 350 honda fourtrax not getting no spark i have neutral light it turns over good fuel pump will not come on but if i take either wire off at engine coil fuel pump will work ive by passed neutral switch and kill switch still have no spark ive replaced regulator,engine coil,spark plug ive ohmed stator out reading .2 on all 3 post i have a new battery on it any help will be appreciated

Premium Member
Perform diagnostics on the fuel cut relay. When you try and spin engine over you should hear the fuel pump buzzing for a second or two afterwards

Registered
Ask over at atvhonda.com

Premium Member
This is what I would do.
if fuel pump is not running then it could be wire connections, fuel relay, stator exciter coil or CDI. Any failure you should replace thT part with OEM鈥 no aftermarket stuff

First, complete that fuel relay test where you end up doing the flow test too.

second, check stator exciter coil and pulse generator resistances

Put old coil back on. Do the resistance checks on the coil wire. Remove the cap from the spark plug wire and inspect the force-fit connection. Try as best you can to clean corrosion from inside the spark plug cap end鈥攊 use a .22 bore brush. Then snip off half inch of the spark plug wire鈥攗ntil you get past the corrosion鈥攄ress and electrical contacts with thin film of permatex dielectric grease.

connectors will be easier to reinstall with the lube on them

if those check out the maybe CDI.
Take it and dry it in an oven. Connector side up for NO MORE than 200F for three hours. Let it cool completely before reinstalling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts