Honda ATV Forum banner

Help with wiring harness 2013 Rancher

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  LedFTed 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am new here and need some help. I tried searching the forum for an answer to my problem but didn’t find one. I have a 2013 rancher 420 ES with power steering. This past weekend I found a mouse nest behind the seat/trunk area. The mouse chewed through several wires on my main wiring harness. I’m trying to find out if I can just order the clip that has the damaged wires or am I screwed and need to get a whole new wiring harness. I’ll attach a picture for reference. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello!
I would see if you can get any colour left on the ends, if so, its a pain but separate the wires w/o cutting them if they arent already broken, & tape them back up, if you are brave enough, you could remove the pins on each one & put a heat shrink piece on them.
Just a cheaper idea.

#3 ·
Where are you located at ? And I'd disconnect the battery (till repaired) if ... You haven't already, check the rest of the wire harness, from what I've seen here where i live ... Once those little @&$)(;:/- have nested on one particular machine... There hard to get rid of.... Best way I've found is a hand pump sprayer mixture of vinegar fine ground cyan pepper (OR hotter) and dawn dish soap, along with moth balls, strong pepper mint spay, and baited glue traps.

Welcome to the forums! :)

#5 ·
from the looks of that harness ^^, you will need a whole new harness..as that is not something you can skip on splicing into.

#11 ·
it says trx420FPE, don't worry about the 2ac, but the FPE stands for: four wheel drive, power steering, electric shift.

#14 · (Edited)
what was the name of that place the sells the bags of hardware [ nuts an bolts ]. would they have used wiring harness?, or is atv to new. i want to say direct discount

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.