Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 TRX400ex and would like to change out my stock bars to something?? better. But, am having a heck of a time undestanding what works and what wont. Does anyone have any suggestions of what works and looks nice for a 400? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I have TAG Metals X5 bars on mine. I have a 07 400ex. the work good but you will need to relocate your key and nuetral and reverse indicator lights. There are manufactures that make a bar clamp that holds them but I made a metal mount that hides them under the hood of mine. you would never know they are there. I really like mine. Renthal also makes great bars too.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Post up a closeup shot I'm looking at replacing mine too i got wide low profile Motocross bars on mine and they fatigue my arms out if I ride for long periods of time.

I have TAG Metals X5 bars on mine. I have a 07 400ex. the work good but you will need to relocate your key and nuetral and reverse indicator lights. There are manufactures that make a bar clamp that holds them but I made a metal mount that hides them under the hood of mine. you would never know they are there. I really like mine. Renthal also makes great bars too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help. i was affraid it was going to require moving things around, and not like id know what i was doing. any thoughts on going with atv high bend w/the bar accross? another suggestion given by a shop tech. thanks again :)

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Mine are low with the cross bar and wider i can turn better with the wider bars IMO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so, no simple route to take. i like the pro taper contour w/mounts but im told they wont work either, even thought some of the web sites say they do, and maybe they do, and they assume i know what im doing. does renthal make an easier solution, or are all alterations going to requrie moving the key box at some level? :)

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
My freiend has a 400ex and he put a set of aftermarket bars with the cross bar on his and he retained his keyswitch assembly he simply rolled it back towards the tank now instead of the key being straight up it now faces him he put a small piece of velcro on the crossbar pad and on the plastic where it touches the crossbar pad it holds really well and he rides the piss out of it.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
These are a couple of pics I hope they help. I also remove my parking brake. I mounted the key down by the motor but I moved up top where you see it. It looks terrible with zip ties need to make a new mount

1 - 9 of 9 Posts