Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Iam about to buy this ATV and apparently there is no VIN number. Could someone help me identify what model it is? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
There’s no engine either; why would you buy an atv you don’t know anything about if it doesn’t run?
Looks like a 1990-ish TRX300 2wd.
VIN in general location on attached pic.
Download the service manual and parts links in my signature block below

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Well its really cheep (obviously) and there is a complete engine coming with it thats said to be working. Figured if its not what I think it is I can always sell it for parts. Do you know if the 4WD engine (TE15E) have interchangeable parts with the 2WD engine?

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Thanks! Well its really cheep (obviously) and there is a complete engine coming with it thats said to be working. Figured if its not what I think it is I can always sell it for parts. Do you know if the 4WD engine (TE15E) have interchangeable parts with the 2WD engine?
all trx300 engines will swap out to make a 4wd, BUT NOT WITHOUT MAJOIR WORK !..LOL. cases have to be split, output shaft has to be changed from 2wd to 4wd, stator cover has to be changed, as well as the left center case, you sure you want to go down this road, this is just the start..you still have to weld mounting nuts to the frame to mount the front diff, come up with front knuckles off a 4wd, a-arms and diff, and hope they fit your frame ?, the list goes on an on..lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts