Honda ATV Forum banner

HELP! What the hell is this? It gets hot!!!

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Helmut 
#1 ·
Anybody have any idea what this is and where it goes? It Gets hot when you turn the key to the on position:blink:.... We took the right side plastics off, and there it was...

And is there a way to post a picture easier than doing an attachment?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forums. That's the carb heater. It screws into the carb body on the bottom of the carb.

#5 · (Edited)
One more thing... how tight is that plug supposed to screw in? And why does the carb need to be heated?

And there is a couple of black hoses that come off of the carb that run into a connector and become one.... and that hose isn't connected to anything.... any ideas? i forgot to take a picture...

#6 ·
Just screw it in and snug it, it don't have to be real tight. I bet you don't have the collar that goes on it. The picture below shows the collar. You will need one of those, if you don't have it.

#7 ·
And there is a couple of black hoses that come off of the carb that run into a connector and become one.... and that hose isn't connected to anything.... any ideas? i forgot to take a picture...
Is this on a 350 Rancher?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.