Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says... Been doing a lot hem and haw...

It's all pointing at the Warn...

I have a good Warn winch, I got the tires... Just need the plow..

To mid mount?

Or to front mount...?

I'm looking at the mid mount because I believe it will push better from experience with tractors.. Everything I will be plowing is flat for the most part so clearance isn't an issue..

Help me out guys...

Thx in advance..

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
If you are considering mid-mount, take a serious look at KFI.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Maybe make one to suit your needs? I’ve always been a ‘maker’ rather than a ‘buyer’, plus never had snow in England deep enough to warrant a plow.. Wish we did though!

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
do a search here about snow plows, I have wrote a few very informative one's about pro's and cons to front/mid mounts
IMO the Moose plow is the strongest out there period, I have mine almost 20 yrs and have beat the crap out of it ALL yr long doing things it was never ever designed to do, and it works as good as the day I got it
pushed an easy 300+ ton of gravel with it, countless amounts of top soil dirt, sand, broken up cement drive ways ,pavement piles, logs, and I use to plow a 1/2 long drive way, countless smaller one's,, and about 4 + miles of trails ever winter, its seen a LOT of hard use, and its been worth every penny I paid for it and then some, built way over kill for JUST snow work IMO! and I'm glad! its a 60 inch mid mount and it gets my vote, both size of blade and make of plow!

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Maybe make one to suit your needs? I’ve always been a ‘maker’ rather than a ‘buyer’, plus never had snow in England deep enough to warrant a plow.. Wish we did though!
Just don't have the time bud... I've been on nights for the last month 7 days a week.. I'm Zombified.. I made my last plow and it was bullet proof.. I've just left it to late and the snow is here.. And the blower is such a pain with the blustery BS we get.. It was the last thing I wanted to do the other morning after my 10hr shift and hour drive home..

do a search here about snow plows, I have wrote a few very informative one's about pro's and cons to front/mid mounts
IMO the Moose plow is the strongest out there period, I have mine almost 20 yrs and have beat the crap out of it ALL yr long doing things it was never ever designed to do, and it works as good as the day I got it
pushed an easy 300+ ton of gravel with it, countless amounts of top soil dirt, sand, broken up cement drive ways ,pavement piles, logs, and I use to plow a 1/2 long drive way, countless smaller one's,, and about 4 + miles of trails ever winter, its seen a LOT of hard use, and its been worth every penny I paid for it and then some, built way over kill for JUST snow work IMO! and I'm glad! its a 60 inch mid mount and it gets my vote, both size of blade and make of plow!
I'm going to look into the Moose stuff.. Their site is a pain in the azz though.. I've been steady on the Warn, but I need to look into this moose stuff a bit more..

If you are considering mid-mount, take a serious look at KFI.
Since my post this morning and reading into it some more, I'm seeing the front mount is more popular for good reason.. And I will look into KFI a bit more..

Thx guys for the help.:smile

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
The Warn ProVantage front mounts are nice plows. That’s what I would buy. I have a mid mount plow for my 350 and I’ve ripped the mount off it a few times despite it only hanging down maybe an inch if that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Warn ProVantage front mounts are nice plows. That’s what I would buy. I have a mid mount plow for my 350 and I’ve ripped the mount off it a few times despite it only hanging down maybe an inch if that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the route I'm probably going to go Mac..

It should come with the winch slack control though... I hate when these companies play games..lol

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well... I went with the Warn... Front mount..

The mount is actually pretty solid.. I took my time and equally tightened everything.. Its fit isn't the greatest, but its definitely rigid.. I will modify it for next year..

I will also need to seat up a seat belt on the winch instead of the cable... My cable is already getting a good twist in it.

Overall, it works great. Better than the Massey plow.. Its faster... and Wider blade..

I need to fab up a windrow keeper for the side of the blade.. And I'm set.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great! It looks like you are using sand on the rear rack for traction, so are you running one or two bags for added traction?

I'm running 40kg on the back...

This is just the beginning bud... lol

I'm going to set this baby right up...

But its -27c today... So I'm gunna wait until its closer to -20 to start fiddling...

lololol

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Looks great! It looks like you are using sand on the rear rack for traction, so are you running one or two bags for added traction?
I'm running 40kg on the back...This is just the beginning bud... lol I'm going to set this baby right up...But its -27c today... So I'm gunna wait until its closer to -20 to start fiddling...lololol
YIKES.....thats cold. I know Fahrenheit and Celsius are equal at -40, so at that temperature you are pushing the fluffy stuff. Related, you may want to watch/participate in the post I just made regarding a cab enclosure for an ATV...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts