Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help with a year from engine number? TE17E-8109420 pretty sure it's a 200 has electric start and pull start. It is in a 91 tax 200d but it's not the original motor

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
engine serial number won't tell you anything about the year or make of the atv ?, only the vin number will do this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I'm getting somewhere.... this 91 trx 200d never came with a recoil option from what the dealer says. The motor in it has one and says it has 5 gears. It only shifts into 4 and seems like it needs a 5th going down the trail. So does it have 5 and needs repair...or did someone figure out a way to stick a recoil on a 4 gear motor? Dealer says they didn't have 5 gears until 1992.... the machine vin is a M and is also dated 03/1991

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Now I'm getting somewhere.... this 91 trx 200d never came with a recoil option from what the dealer says. The motor in it has one and says it has 5 gears. It only shifts into 4 and seems like it needs a 5th going down the trail. So does it have 5 and needs repair...or did someone figure out a way to stick a recoil on a 4 gear motor? Dealer says they didn't have 5 gears until 1992.... the machine vin is a M and is also dated 03/1991
its a 1991 trx200D, they only have a 4 speed, no pull start from factory.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
If the 1992 had a recoil then that's probably what the motor is. I can't tell if the motor is a 91 or 92 just that it's for the TRX200. Was there a kit to add recoil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts