Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at this and i dont see how you lower the needle.am i not seeing it or what?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
My 450 did not come with an adjustable needle.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so do i buy a needle or try messing with the main?all i have on my carb is a idle screw also.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I was able to get mine dialed in just by adjusting the other jets, I still have a non-adjustable needle

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool.im gonna try to go up on the slow jet hopefully that helps cause they didnt have any main jets i might need in today.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I just run your fingerprints from the pic. and it seems you robbed a bank in Wyoming in 1869.....lol

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
LMAO, Sub...

What is it doing? Where does it fall flat or spit and sputter?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
LMAO, Sub...

What is it doing? Where does it fall flat or spit and sputter?
Yeah that would help tell which jet is causing the trouble. High,Mid, or low.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was backfiring when i let off the throttle.well i went from a 42 to a 45 slow jet it ran.when i tried to put a 45 in before the cam it wouldnt run so i think i got it.have to watch baby for a little before i can see if it stopped backfiring.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
It's probably adjustable you just have to dissasemble the cable and everything else from the slide.My old mx is like that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
doesnt backfire now with the 45 slow jet.now just gotta ride a little see what my plug looks like.i think im done with engine mods for awhile lol.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
It's probably adjustable you just have to dissasemble the cable and everything else from the slide.My old mx is like that.
I agree with Billy. You just can't see it until you get it apart.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the info.hopefully i dont have to take it apart anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts