Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this 4 wheeler awhile back, rode fine, reverse sensor got screwed in too tight and hasn’t shifted right since, well the kinda guy I am... I tear into it and start taking it apart which I have bought a manual for Honda. Put it back together it worked then i out wrong screw in wrong hole and it broke through the backing and off into the motor... so I bought the gears to fix and now I’m tearing it down and fixing it and I noticed I cannot get it to shift either out of reverse or 1st or it’s either 2nd or 3rd. Can’t figure out why. Also is this clutch basket toast?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View attachment 151625 View attachment 151626 So I bought this 4 wheeler awhile back, rode fine, reverse sensor got screwed in too tight and hasn’t shifted right since, well the kinda guy I am... I tear into it and start taking it apart which I have bought a manual for Honda. Put it back together it worked then i out wrong screw in wrong hole and it broke through the backing and off into the motor... so I bought the gears to fix and now I’m tearing it down and fixing it and I noticed I cannot get it to shift either out of reverse or 1st or it’s either 2nd or 3rd. Can’t figure out why. Also is this clutch basket toast?
And I also put everything back together including new gears and got going down the road, as soon as I hit 2nd the fourwheeler stopped instantly and cut off, been stuck in gear since, I’m thinking I got a washer wrong somewhere

1 - 2 of 2 Posts