Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 680 Rincon has 2000 Miles on it and it seems like it has a plugged Fuel Filter once in a while. It will will start to run bad and will backfire and bog out at 1/2 to full Throttle for a couple of Miles and then slowly start to run ok for a couple Miles and then do the same thing again. I can't find a Gas Filter on the Parts List.

This all started last Weekend when I Pulled a big Tree off the Trail. It ran fine for 30 Miles today and then started acting up again.

If I bring it to the Dealer it will probably run fine for Him.

Anyone have any Idea's????

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
My 680 Rincon has 2000 Miles on it and it seems like it has a plugged Fuel Filter once in a while. It will will start to run bad and will backfire and bog out at 1/2 to full Throttle for a couple of Miles and then slowly start to run ok for a couple Miles and then do the same thing again. I can't find a Gas Filter on the Parts List.

This all started last Weekend when I Pulled a big Tree off the Trail. It ran fine for 30 Miles today and then started acting up again.

If I bring it to the Dealer it will probably run fine for Him.

Anyone have any Idea's????
check to make sure your getting plenty of gas to the carb first..if you are..then your float maybe sticking..not letting enough fuel to fill carb bowl..and if thats not it..pull the carb..and give it a good cleaning..make sure to remove any o-rings on it if you use carb spray cleaner..pull all jets out..clean them really good..with a air compresser..blow the jets out real good..if you pull the pilot screw out..becareful not to blow this out with an air compresser..there is a very tiny 0-ring on the bottom...if you loose it..more than likely you will never find it when it gets blown out...try all this..and if that don't work..get a carb rebuild kit..they aren't expensive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The 680 is Fuel injected. I just remembered I should have loosened the Fuel Cap, it may not be venting. Othewise does the 680 have a Carb?

When I look at the Parts Fiche it has a Throttle Body.

·
Registered
459 Posts
No carb its EFI, I think your on the right track it for sure sounds like a bad or dirty fuel issue. I wonder if the product Sea Foam would help clean out the lines and tank. Im sure someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly to help.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
I agree ^^^^ check the cap vent for debris, and you also might want to add a can of HEET from NAPA to the fuel you may have a touch of water in the fuel. Then pour in about a half of a can of seafoam. Also being FI check to make sure all of your connectors to the TPS, and IAC (if they have them) are not wet or corroded.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, it's fuel injected and doesn't have a carb. The filter is on the inside of the fuel pump. Here is the procedure to replace it.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
the pic man strikes again !!..lol...great work helmut.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
the pic man strikes again !!..lol...great work helmut.
Yeah, I figured it would be a lot harder to explain without the pictures. LOL.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, when I took the Pump apart the Filter was Dirtier than the one in the Pic. So I think the new Filter will fix it. If it doesn't I will try again and continue this Thread. Thanks everyone.

Also, it had 2850 Miles not 2000. Time flies when your having fun.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Good luck, I hope the filter fixes it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rincon bogging down

I have a 2006 Rincon and just after purchase started having the issue you are talking about. I could turn it off and let it sit for a minute and it would start working again. Ended up taking it in 8 times to the dealer. It was about the 2 or 3 trip when it happened to them. The replacement of the fuel pump was the final thing done. 3 years later it has not happened again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts