Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i do wheelies my quad pulls to the right hard, and when i accelerate on flat ground it pull to the right also. i recently replaced the rear drum brake, i check to see if thats the problem but its not, i put the rear end up on jack stands and it spins at the same time. um and when i acccelerate it doesnt pull anymore an di can basically shift through all 5 gears and not top out in any of them, it just wiiinds to the the next. and also there is a blower like sound coming from the inside i have no idea of what these problems can be???????? HELPplease!!!!

could it be the transmission? clutch? cam shaft chain?

im clueless

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
when i do wheelies my quad pulls to the right hard, and when i accelerate on flat ground it pull to the right also.
Do you have the same amount of air pressure in both rear tires? Also, make sure one of your hubs isn't stripped.

i can basically shift through all 5 gears and not top out in any of them, it just wiiinds to the the next. and also there is a blower like sound coming from the inside i have no idea of what these problems can be????????
The way you describe it, it sounds like your clutch might be slipping. If your engine is revving high and you are going slower than what you should be, then the clutch is slipping.

It really sounds as if you have two different problems, that's why I asked you about the tire pressure and stripped hub.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya the tires both have the same amount of air pressure. and what do you mean by the hub being stripped???

and if the clutch is slipping, i just need a whole new clutch kit?

im just trying to get some infor before i split the case open

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
what do you mean by the hub being stripped???

Each hub has splines that fit over the end of the splines on each end of the axle. The purpose of the splines is to keep the hubs from slipping and turning on the end of the axle. If the splines get worn, the hub will just slip on the axle and only one tire will pull, that will make it try to pull to one side. If the hub splines aren't stripped and the air pressure in both tires is equal, then I don't know of anything else that will cause it to pull to one side.

if the clutch is slipping, i just need a whole new clutch kit?
If the clutch is slipping, you should be able to just replace the friction discs in the clutch. It wouldn't hurt to replace the clutch springs, also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay i will check out the the hub then thanks for that, and im probably just going to buy a whole clutch kit. there not expensive like 50$ for a tusk heavy duty clutch kit, its got the springs and friction plates and everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts