Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am so excited to have found this forum! I am actually acting as online communication agent for my husband, who gets too frustrated, trying to interact with the net to make it worth doing. He is saddled with the use, maintenance and repair of two Honda Rancher 420s. One is a 2013. I think that the other is a 2007 or so.
The things are in more or less constant use, on the cattle ranch he manages. They are always wet and muddy, and end up upside down with horrible frequency, as he works the herd. I have no idea how many miles they have on them, but the number is very high.
Husband detests working on small engines. He is a Chevy Truck/Diesel mechanic extraordinaire, but seems to have nothing but trouble with these two machines.
My job, in an effort to keep him from losing control altogether, and setting the things on fire, is to research the symptoms he encounters, and try to find solutions. I cannot express my relief at finding this forum!!! I am so grateful to those of you who share your knowledge and experience! I imagine that I will spend a lot of time prowling through the many questions and answers here.
Thank you again, so very, very much!

·
Super Moderator
37,574 Posts
best advice i can give you, to save your husbands sanity ?..buy an older, manual shift honda, ditch the trx420's..they are junk as far as i am concerned !..lol. models that come to mind ( all old school ! ) trx300fw, trx250, trx350D, TRX350 fourtrax, trx400fw, trx450fw ( s models as well ), late model trx500fm ( early models have 1st defects ). almost every trx420 i have ever ran across in RL or on here ?, nothing but trouble from them !.

·
Super Moderator
37,574 Posts
i own a few of the models listed ^^^, '03 trx450fm, '89 trx350D foreman 4x4, '88 trx350D foreman 4x4 ( is for sale right now, been restored by yours truly !.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Baba Yaga... love the name. Childhood nightmares!...Durak! Lots of opinions on this site... not everyone hates the 420 Ranchers. I have lots of trouble free reliable miles on my machines, and I work with them, very hard. Welcome to the site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts