Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rancher TM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Honda enthusiasts,
I just recently acquired my '03 Honda Rancher TM.
It may be old, and not quite so shiny anymore but it is my dream atv --- gotta have manual, prefer older due to no extra issues that could arise (radiators, fans, electronics, power steering, etc). and don't need no 4x4... it's Arkansas 🤣 you get stuck, you either have a winch or you're with someone who has one or the other (winch or 4x4).
I use to have a '97 Yamaha Timberwolf 2wd/manual, it was alright but I still wanted a Honda 😂. Ended up selling it and went without a wheeler for awhile until a couple weeks ago.
Never fixed up the Yamaha, and wasn't really thinking I'd be getting a Honda so soon. So I am now cramming to learn more about them and all the accessories that are available 😲
One thing I have found (seriously, I've been out of the atv game for a long time) is the aftermarket rims. Seems like ITP is the main supplier 🤷‍♀️
So I hope I can post a question here for all you gearheads to help me out (please!)....
And so I have been looking into the rims measurements, and from what I gather (of course 4x110, 12x7/10x8) but I am seeing that the offset is fronts-- 4.2+2.5, rears--3+5.... is this correct?
And also, what all offsets would fit the '03 Rancher TM?
I found some that are listed as the offset being 2/5, would these fit?

I have googled like crazy and have also been directed to a wheel thread on this forum but I couldn't really get anything more than what I have listed here already.

Also 1 more question, because this wheeler is way different that my Yamaha (& newer), plus I have no owners manual (& can't find a pdf online, there's a service manual but no owners)... I use to let off the gas on my Yamaha to shift, but doing so on the Honda it revs down quick and won't shift... how are you suppose to be shifting these?

THANK YOU!!

Obligatory picture of my new-to-me HONDA and of my old Yamaha (for the hell of it)...
And yes, I need rear fender flares and stuff... I've been trying to find some around here but no luck yet (SO many ES's but no TM's).
I am glad to finally say I am in the Honda fam.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
if its shifting hard ?, try adjusting the clutch. can't answer you on the off-set ?, i stick with oem rims ( and i don't have any info what it calls for..service manual is not in front of me ). you wont find owners manuals here, only service manuals.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rancher TM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say it is hard shifting. It either won't let me shift into the next gear or when it does and you hit the throttle again it's a bit lurchy.
I'll have to look into how to adjust the clutch on these. Thank you shadetree

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
I'd say it is hard shifting. It either won't let me shift into the next gear or when it does and you hit the throttle again it's a bit lurchy.
I'll have to look into how to adjust the clutch on these. Thank you shadetree
yw, sticky in the repair section by me, i explain very well on how to check/adjust clutches on most honda's :).

·
Registered
2003 Honda Rancher TM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got another question...
since I can't find an owners manual (just service manuals), the only thing I can find is a 2003 TRX400EX owners manual. And it says the left handlebar lever is the clutch on those, is that also the same for the 2003 TRX350TM?

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
I've got another question...
since I can't find an owners manual (just service manuals), the only thing I can find is a 2003 TRX400EX owners manual. And it says the left handlebar lever is the clutch on those, is that also the same for the 2003 TRX350TM?
no, trx400ex are sport atvs..they use a clutch lever to operate the clutch, where the trx350tm has a semi-auto clutch, does not use a clutch lever to disengage the clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts