Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Really soft handle. It goes nearly to the handlebar on this 1999 TRX300FWC. Nearly entire system is brand new. Anyway, I recall going through the same thing with my 1986 Fourtrax. It never really improved. It must just be how they are. Anyway, I guess I’ll let it sit overnight and bleed each side again. Pinching the hose out of the master cylinder causes the handle bar to be firm and not move. Anyway, it’s going to stop OK, I just wish these Honda’s would apply brake pressure without 2” of handlebar travel first. Lol.

·
Premium Member
5,029 Posts
No pinching
You have air in the top of the line.
Pull the black puck out of the master cylinder and jiggle the lever. You’ll see air bubbles rise.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No pinching
You have air in the top of the line.
Pull the black puck out of the master cylinder and jiggle the lever. You’ll see air bubbles rise.
What is the black puck? You mean the thing with the + cut in the top? I don’t see how air in that part would be the cause if you pinch that line and the problem disappears?? I’ll certainly give it a go though!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No bubbles came out. I went ahead and drove the quad and sort of bedded in the pads a bit until the handle bar wouldn’t really stop the machine. Then, I adjusted the front pads per service manual and the handlebar now seems fine and brakes seem to work quite well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts